Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just plain wrong

Motherhood is a wonderful thing and kids are quite funny. Yesterday I was home from work (and again today) because we have strep going through our house and I was trying to get up enough energy last night to get the kids some dinner. I had just changed Justice's diaper about 15 minutes earlier and was just recovering from exerting all the energy I had, when Abbi came upstairs carrying an open empty diaper... It made me a little nervous, she said that Justice had pooped but she didn't know where he was. Chris and I rolled off the couch and went downstairs to find our hiding stinky boy... he was hiding in our closet and he had taken his diaper off and sure enough he had left a present for us on the floor!! It was just wrong and while I was completely discusted by the whole thing I couldn't help but laugh only because I know that I am not the only Mom who has ever found a hiding child that just did something like that! Oh the joy of children!

4 comments:

Jessica Mosteller said...

I hope you all start feeling better. That is funny. Luckily Jackson has not figured out to do anything like that, but Carson my 6 month old baby already takes his diaper off if clothes are not covering it. I think I am in trouble

angela said...

I once made the mistake of leaving Brittany without her shorts on during a nap and when she woke up crying later, Jon and I discovered that she had not only taken off her poopy diaper, but it was all over the crib, her face, you get the picture. It was nasty!!!! I can still remember the smell! Hope you all get feeling better.

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Yikes you poor thing, and all of this while you are sick! :( I haven't been lucky enough to have kiddies who like to take their own diapers off, so I hope this trend will continue w/ baby Gracie!! Dang the luck huh?? Sorry!!! BTW I tagged you!

Keely & Cory O. said...

icky poop! thos are just things I am not looking forward to with Tristan. But it is fun that we can always look at our kids and laugh and think they are just cute no matter how frustrated we get as parents! (at least I do)