Sunday, August 16, 2009

We are still alive!



I apologize for being such a huge slacker in updating and I do appreciate all of you who have been so kind in letting me be a slacker, but I will work on getting better!
We are finally finished with Softball for the summer and the girls did wonderful! They played really well and learned a lot. Chris has finished a good summer with his older girls, but has decided that he is ready to focus on our girls and is a great dad and has helped a lot of girls improve in their softball experiences.
Abbi just turned 8 and we are planning her baptism for late September and Whitney is turning 7 in 2 days, which she is constantly reminding me of! The girls started school in July, Sammie started Kindergarten, Whitney is in 2nd grade and Abbi is in 3rd grade! They are on C track so they are now off again for 3 weeks and they have loved the first 3 weeks, but it will be kind of nice for them to get a few more weeks of summer and we are headed to Lake Powell in 2 weeks so that will be really fun! They are doing well in school and they never cease to amaze me with how smart they are! Justice is growing up and we are working on potty training, but it is a slower process than I would like, but he is starting to get it! He is a smart kid and sometimes I think he is too smart for his own good!
We went to a barbeque with some friends from High school yesterday and it was wonderful to see everyone and catch up and remember some good times! We also went to a family reunion and it was so great to see how wonderful family is and realize that heaven will be filled with so many wonderful people! Life is good at the Opheikens household and we are continually blessed and loved and it is a great thing! Thanks again to all who have and do check our blog! We love you all!

3 comments:

angela said...

Thanks!!! Didn't realize you'd be so quick about it. :-) Sad to miss the reunion. Lame part about being in KY. Congrats on the future baptism. I'll keep checking for pics. Love ya!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

YEAH!!! thanks for the update!! I was pleasantly surprised to see you posted!! I can't believe our kids are getting so big, that doesn't me we are getting old though, right? LOL!! I am glad you are all doing well. Thanks again for the update!!!

Jon and Aim said...

HA! I found you. I have entered into the blogging world so that I can stalk everyone that I have lost touch with. Your little family is growing so fast.